Summertime means time for outdoor fun. Turn the oven off, fire up the grill. Eggs are a big part of my summer meals. From quick, light dinner salads to potluck potato salads and ice cream. Food safety is always a concern of mine.
That’s why I was so excited to learn about Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs .
Davidson’s eggs are pasteurized in the shell so you can use these eggs in all your favorite dishes. Enjoy these eggs as a Sunny side up breakfast, in salad dressings and even favorite desserts.
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are available in two varieties, All-Natural and Cage Free. For both varieties, Safest Choice™ only sources eggs from vegetarian-fed hens that are hormone and antibiotic free. Safest Choice™ eggs come from USDA certified and inspected farms that are Kosher certified by the Orthodox Union. Safest Choice™ uses fresh Cage Free eggs from farms approved as Certified Humane®.
You can learn more about the pasteurization process here.
To find a store near you, Davidson’s has an easy to use Store Locator: Store Locator
One of my favorite ways to use eggs is in salad dressings. Since salads are such a big part of my summer meals, I’m always looking for new combinations. I love the taste of fresh basil and lemon. Together they make a smashing good dressing for my favorite salad protein, shrimp! Using Davidson’s eggs takes the worry about Salmonella out of my creamy style dressings. Of course I keep normal food safety precautions for prep, transport and storage in mind.
Keeping meals simple in summer frees up more time to enjoy the best seasonal activities. Toss cooked shrimp in the Lemon Basil Dressing. Serve on a bed of greens with your favorite garnish. I added red pepper slices and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing and serve!
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 1 5-ounce bag mixed greens
- 1 ripe tomato, wedged
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 4 Davidson's Safest Choice Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon champagne vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange greens, tomatoes and pepper pieces on a salad plate.
- Place dressing ingredients in a blender. Puree about a minute until egg and oil emulsifies.
- Place shrimp in a bowl. Drizzle with dressing. Stir to coat.
- Place shrimp on salad.
- Drizzle salad with remaining dressing.
Do you love eggs as much as I do and have a recipe you would like to share? The Food and Wine Conference #FWCon and Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs have an exciting contest for you! For more details, click the image below!
Stay in touch with Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs for the latest news, recipes and events!
Enjoy these Egg-citing recipes featuring Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs from the Sunday Supper Team!
No-Bake Savory Recipes:
- Asparagus Egg Salad by Family Foodie
- Buffalo Aioli by Alida’s Kitchen
- Chicken Caesar Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Deviled Egg Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Grilled Pizza with Egg, Arugula, and Balsamic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Huevos Rancheros by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Korean Rolled Omelette (Gaeran Mari) by kimchi MOM
- Mom’s Potato Salad by Casa de Crews
- Pizza for Breakfast! Waffles by Foxes Love Lemons
- Shrimp Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
No-Bake Sweet Recipes:
- Brownie Batter Truffles by Desserts Required
- Creamy Chocolate Blender Mousse by Shockingly Delicious
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie by Neighborfood
- “Funky Monkey” PB Ripple Chip Banana Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon and Strawberry Parfaits by Magnolia Days
- No Bake Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Raspberry Lemon Meringue Waffles by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salted Caramel Pudding Cups by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Marshmallow S’mores by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by the Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs. All opinions are my own.