Does your whole house smell like turkey? (Not so bad on Thursday but still lingers on Sunday?) Are you regretting buying that 25 pounder because it was a little cheaper per pound?
Well don’t reget it! Nicole at The Daily Dish Recipes is hosting our #SundaySupper group of great ideas for leftover turkey and the fixin’s!
Personally, I like to use leftover turkey in a different dish than standard Thanksgiving fare!
So how does a Turkey Reuben sound to you? Gobble, gobble!
I like the traditional Reuben with corned beef but using turkey is a nice change. I’m not a big bread eater, so I use a layer of potatoes instead.
This fast and easy dinner can be ready in 15 to 20 minutes. The secret is using quick cooking thin sliced cutlets or leftover turkey, pre-sliced canned potatoes and your favorite bottled Thousand Island dressing.
- 1 lb thin sliced turkey cutlets or leftover turkey
- 1 can sliced white potatoes,drained
- 2 cups cold packed sauerkraut, (not canned)drained
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island Dressing
- 1/4 lb sliced Swiss cheese
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
In a large skillet, add oil and place turkey in a single layer. Brown turkey on both sides over medium-high heat (about 2 minutes per side).
Slide turkey to one side. Add butter and potatoes. Quickly brown potatoes on both sides (about 2 minutes per side). Mix turkey and potatoes together. Top with sauerkraut.
Spread a thin layer of dressing over sauerkraut. Add cheese in a single layer.
Sprinkle with parsley. Cook until turkey is no longer pink, cheese is melted and flavors blended (about 5 minutes).
Here’s more great ways to use all your leftover sides and turkey from our #SundaySupper team!
Breakfast & Brunch
- Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls by Juanita’s Cocina
- Turkey Cranberry Muffins by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Sweet Potato Biscuits by Home Cooking Memories
- Turkey Enchiladas by Webicurean
- Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole by FamilyFoodie
- Turkey and Cranberry Monte Cristo by Supper for a Steal
- Thanksgiving hangover sandwich by Crispy Bits & Burt Ends
- Turkey Tamale Pie by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie by I Run For Wine
- Turkey and Stuffing Pasty by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- The Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich by Daily Dish Recipes
- Turkey Vegetable Hash by Generation Y Foodie
- Turkey Tetrazzini by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Thanksgiving Leftovers: Turkey and Andouille Gumbo for #SundaySupper by Catholic Foodie
- Red Potato Turkey Cutlets with Ginger & Fresh Herbs by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Thanksgiving Turkey Banh Mi Sandwich by 30AEats
- Leftover Turkey and Sausage Gumbo by My Catholic Kitchen
- Turkey Mornay Open-Face Sandwiches by The Weekend Gourmet
- Leftover Mashed Potatoes and Beef Croquettes by Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- Simple and easy! Turkey a la king, fit for a queen! by Midlife Road Trip
- Turkey and Mushroom Risotto by Comfy Cuisine
- Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Kartoffelpuffer – German Potato Pancakes by MrsMamaHen
- Skillet Turkey Reuben by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- # glutenfree Turkey Shepard’s Cake by Cooking Underwriter
- Hawaiian BBQ Turkey Flatbread Pizza by Damn Delicious
- Turkey shepards pie! by The Realistic Nutritionist
- Turkey & Cranberry Panini with Tarragon Aioli by The Messy Baker Blog
Soups, Salads, Sides & Starters
- Gluten Free Turkey and Dumplings by The Meltaways
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Shallots and Pancetta by Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Curried Turkey Salad by Kimchi Mom
- Potato Patties w/ Tomato Salsa by La Cocina De Leslie
- Spicy Coconut Turkey Soup by Diabetic Foodie
- Mashed Potatoes Twice Baked by Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Moroccan Chicken Salad with Rice by My Trial’s in the Kitchen
- Cranberry Barbecue Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Olive Tapenade by Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Leftover Turkey Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Bread Pudding by MarocMama
Sweets & Desserts
- Cranberry Sauce Crumb Bars by girlichef
- Pumpkin Gingersnap Truffles by Chocolate Moosey
- Sweet Potato Spice Cake with Pecan Streusel Topping by Shockingly Delicious
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Potato Frosting by Yummy Smells
Wine Pairings for the Recipes Featured
- Wine Pairings for Thanksgiving Leftovers #SundaySupper by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Please join on us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper on November 18. In the evening we will meet at 7pm EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat.
We’d also love to feature your recipe for Thanksgiving Leftovers on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board to share them with all of our followers, too.