This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
I make a lot of skillet dinners. We love all-in-one meals. Sometimes I add rice or pasta. Other times meat and veggies does the trick. No matter what I’m cooking, its the seasoning that makes the meal.
My pantry is full of spices and I’m adding new ones all the time. I love to browse the spice aisle for ideas. McCormick spices and blends always offer great ideas.
I was so excited to give their new skillet sauces a try!
Smoky Applewood BBQ Chicken with Bacon Skillet Sauce has those bits of bacon, garlic, spices and natural applewood smoke already in there. You can use the sauce to whip up a quick and easy weeknight chicken dish with smoky bbq flavor. This sauce goes equally as well with pork or beef and gives baked beans a lift.
Since these sauces come completely seasoned just add your meat and vegetables. Easy BBQ Chicken and Rice skillet dinner ready in a matter of minutes!
I added sautéed celery and onion with the chicken for a bit of crunch.
Add cooked brown rice.
Stir in the sauce and thoroughly heat.
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into ½-inch sized pieces
- ½ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 package McCormick Smoky Applewood BBQ Chicken with Bacon Skillet Sauce
- Sauté chicken pieces, celery and onion in oil over medium- high heat until chicken is cooked (about 7-8 minutes).
- Mix in cooked rice.
- Stir in sauce. Thoroughly heat then serve.
Try these other McCormick Skillet Sauces for new, quick dinner sensations!
Taco with Chipotle & Garlic: Add a hint of smoky chipotle heat to your favorite weeknight tacos.
Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry: Classic flavors like ginger, garlic and soy sauce give you the perfect stir-fry every time.
Sweet & Smoky Sloppy Joes: Barbecue flavor gives this classic American meal a smoky sweet twist.
Fire Roasted Chili: A Robust combination of fire-roasted garlic and chili pepper boosts the flavor of this dinnertime staple.
Fajita with Roasted Chile, Garlic & Lime: Fire up fajitas with this sizzling blend of roasted chili pepper, garlic and lime.
Sicilian Chicken with Tomato, Basil & Garlic: Infuse Italian-style chicken and mushrooms with a savory blend of sweet basil and garlic.
Follow McCormick’s Easy Skillet Dinners Pinterest board for more great easy dinner ideas!
Connect with McCormicks’s website and social media sites for news, recipes and product information.
Enjoy all these great McCormick Skillet Sauces ideas from the Sunday Supper Group!
- Black and White Bean Chicken Chili by The Dinner-Mom
- Black Bean Taco Salad with Chipotle and Garlic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cashew Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Skillet Steaks-Sicilian Style by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet by The Messy Baker
- Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken Fried Rice with Sesame Seeds and Almonds by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushrooms Ham by Family Foodie
- Fajita Quesadillas by The Foodie Army Wife
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili with Cilantro Lime Rice by Hip Foodie Mom
- One-Pot Chipotle Chicken Taco Pasta by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Picadillo by kimchi MOM
- Potato Topped Sloppy Beef Skillet by Magnolia Days
- Savory Jade Chicken in Taro Basket by Brunch with Joy
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Rice by Casa de Crews
- Shrimp Taco’s with a Baja Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sicilian Chicken and Mushrooms Spaghetti Squash Casserole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Sicilian Skillet Chicken over Parmesan Zucchini “Noodles” by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Skillet Sicilian Chickpeas Over Brown Rice by Shockingly Delicious
- Skillet Taco Nacho Bake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches With Creamy Coleslaw by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Smoky Skillet Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sriracha Sesame Shrimp and Grits by I’m Not the Nanny
- Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Tres Carne Fire Roasted Garlic Chili over Egg Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.