Snow Kisses cookies melt like snow flakes on your tongue! Soft Moravian cake cookies perfect for Christmas.
Welcome to #ChristmasCookies! I hope you’re enjoying our 5 days of terrific Christmas cookie recipes from over 40 food bloggers! Thank you Ellen Folkman from Family Around the Table for hosting this event!
I love a soft cookie for snacking.
These Snow Kisses are extra big to big that cake texture in every bite. Not too sweet, too!
A simple cookie made with basic ingredients. I like to dress them up just a bit with a sprinkle of colored sugar and dusting of powdered sugar.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- colored sugar or powdered sugar for decorating (optional)
- Cream together sugar and shortening. Add egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and buttermilk into the dough.
- Chill at least 30 minutes. Roll dough out to about 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes until cookie sets and bottoms slightly brown.
- Cool completely and decorate as desired.
Adapted from a page torn from an old Pennsylvania Dutch cookbook that my Mom had.
Food for Thought…What kind of Christmas cookies could you eat any time of year? I’d love to hear your thoughts in a comment below!
Enjoy all these wonderful Christmas Cookie ideas form Festive Foodie Bloggers!
- Cardamom Shortbread by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Dipped Shortbread by Making the Most of Naptime
- Big and Chewy Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies by Cooking with Carlee
- Chocolate Oreo Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Chocolate Sugar Cookie Recipe by Making Miracles
- Christmas Sprinkle Cookies by Books n Cooks
- Chunky Cranberry Double Chip Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Coconut Cherry Snowballs by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Coffee Shortbread Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Advenutres
- Double Chocolate Nutella Sandwich Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- Eggnog Cookies by Caroline’s Cooking
- Frosted Eggnog Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grandma’s Gingersnap Cookies by Tip Garden
- Grinch Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Heavenly Almond Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Sruvive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pies by The Freshman Cook
- Thin Mint Crinkle Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Norwegian Chocolate Chip Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Opa’s Chocolate Chip Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Rudolph Reindeer Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Snow Kisses by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Snowflake Cookies by The Redhead Baker
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Bitter Side of Sweet