Spooky Bites cookies burst with orange flavor. Top them with your favorite spooky candies or sprinkles!
This month Fill The Cookie Jar is welcoming fall and thinking about Halloween recipes to share with you.
I like dressing up for Halloween. Costumes can be a fun way to get into the spirit, so to speak. 😉
So naturally I want to dress up my cookies, too!
I found these mini ghosts, bones and eyes at a local craft store. They seemed perfect to dress up these soft, orange cookies!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- optional (Halloween candies, sprinkles, gel icing)
- Cream butter and shortening together. Add sugars, baking soda and salt. Mix.
- Add egg, corn syrup, vanilla and orange extract. Mix. Add flour. Beat until smooth.
- Drop dough by tablespoonful onto cookie sheet. Decorate as desired. Bake at 375 for 7 to 9 minutes and cookies are slightly browned. Cool on rack.
- Cookies remain soft and pliable when cool.
(If you would like to join us, find out more by clicking the Cookie Jar!)
Thank you Cynthia Landrie from Feeding Big at http://FeedingBig.com for hosting this fun event!
Enjoy all these tastes of fall from our #FillTheCookieJar baking group!
Lemon Oreo Bars by Family Around the Table
Glazed Cider Cookies by That Recipe
Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies by Palatable Pastime
Witches Hats by A Day In The Life on The Farm
Spooky Bites by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Pumpkin Snickerdoodles by Cookaholic Wife
Monster Eyeball Cookies by Organized 31
Breakfast Cookies by This and That