This week’s Sunday Supper #SundaySupper is a celebration for the 4th of July and we’re throwing a party! We put our thinking caps on, sharpened our knives, dug out favorite picnic recipes and created some new ones too!
I’m bringing my Sangia Fruit Salad (you can too, the recipe is posted below)! Tart and tangy with a just a hint of wine, its a refreshing change from the usual fruit platter.
You’ll find everything you need to throw an unforgettable 4th of July bash! (Fireworks not included);)
Here’s our menu suggestions to get you started!
- Tender & Sweet Crockpot Brisket Juanita’s Cocina
- Savory Patriotic Chicken Kabobs Big Bear’s Wife
- Firecracker Salmon Rolls Comfy Cuisine
- Red, White & Blue Grilled Pizza Momma’s Meals
- Baby Back Ribs with Balsamic Peach BBQ Sauce Damn Delicious
- Bubblin’ Brown Sugar Baby Back Ribs In The Kitchen With KP
- Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Juicy Lucy’s with Blueberry Ketchup! by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Beef Mrs. Mama Hen
- Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Salad with Perfectly Grilled Chicken and Potatoes Daddy Knows Less
- Texas Smoked Brisket Doggie At The Dinner Table
- Grilled Chicken in a Blueberry BBQ Sauce Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Chicken Burgers with Curried Cabbage Slaw-Indian Soni’s Food for Thought
- Finger Foods for the Fourth Pescetarian Journal
- Grilled Pork Satays with Peanut Sauce Tora’s Real Food
Salads and Sides:
- Southwestern Corn and Black Bean Salad Supper for a Steal
- Roasted/Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan Katherine Martinelli
- Patriotic Ranch Potato Salad The Meltaways
- Roasted Red Pepper & White Bean Salad Are you hungry
- Texas-Creole Crawfish Potato Salad The Weekend gourmet
- Spicy Italian Peppers in Sauce What Smells so Good?
- Sangria Fruit Salad Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Stuffed Black Olive Cookistry
- Mexican Quinoa Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Low Fat Pasta Salad Basic and Delicious
- Bean Salad with Pickled Vegetables Diabetic Foodie
- Tomato and Mozzarella Appetizer Family Foodie
- Red White & Blueberry Ricotta Cupcakes Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Red Velvet Brownies Magnolia Days
- S’mores Pastries Daily Dish Recipes
- Red, White and Blue Firecracker Cupcakes Chocolate Moosey
- Caramel-filled Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream The Messy Baker
- Red/white/blue German Obstkuchen (fruit-topped cake) German Foodie
- Strawberry and Cream Cake Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Fourth Sticks In the Kitchen with Audrey
- White Chocolate Berry Tart Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Apple Pie Beetle’s Kitchen Escapades
- Red White and Blue Coconut Rum Cake Family Spice
- Individual Red White and Blue Triffles Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Mini Carrot Cakes Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Plum and Apple Pies Cositas Bonitas
- Red White and Blue Triffle Cravings of a Lunatic
Join us this week! We’ll share these fabulous recipes and want you to share yours with us! The fun starts at 3pm EST and lasts all afternoon. At 5:30 pm EST, we will be available to chat with you. All you have to do is follow the hashtag #sundaysupper on twitter or follow along on TweetChat. Our #SundaySupper Pinterest Boardwill be filled with fabulous family recipes. There is always room Around the Family Table for you.
Sangria Fruit Salad
You can make this non-alcoholic by just omitting the wine! I like to save the dressing and have it as a refreshing juice drink over ice! Of course you could add more wine to it!!
1 orange, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 apple, Granny Smith or another tart variety, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 cups strawberries, sliced
1 cup blueberries
1 cup apple juice
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup red table wine, cabernet sauvignon
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon lime zest
1. Mix fruit together in a large non-metal bowl.
2. Mix dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl.
3. Pour dressing over fruit. Stir. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
4. Remove with slotted spoon. Reserve dressing. Serve.
5. Reserved dressing can be used in drinks.
Yield: 6 cups
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours and 15 minutes
Nutrition (per serving): 51 calories, 2 calories from fat, <1g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 1.8mg sodium, 132mg potassium, 12.5g carbohydrates, 1.8g fiber, 8g sugar, <1g protein, 70.9IU vitamin a, 40.3mg vitamin c.