Tantalizing Trays, what a great way to describe this week’s Sunday Supper! My Tomato Basil Soup Shooters fit right in with week’s theme. Who wouldn’t like a shot of tomato soup and bite of savory cheddar grilled cheese to start the party?
I recently started a new business hosting tasting parties and I’m always on the lookout for new ways to present small bites. I’m just as excited to serve tastes this way at home parties or a small get-together.
Appetizers, fruit and cheese, mini sandwiches and brownie bites arranged in groups or presented on boards and trays easily whets my appetite.
I like this better served cold like Gazpacho. You can serve these with a dash of hot sauce if you like!
My turkey baster makes filling the shooter cups fast and easy.
Thanks Constance of The Foodie Army Wife for hosting this fun party!
- 6 cups fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup onion
- ¼ cup red wine (I used Cabernet Sauvignon
- ½ cup basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place tomatoes, stock, celery and onion in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. reduce heat and simmer uncovered for at least 30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add wine and basil and continue cooking about 15 minutes to incorporate flavors.
- Puree with an immersion blender or cool slightly and puree in small batches using a conventional blender.
- Pour into shooter glasses and garnish with a basil sprig. Serve with grilled cheese squares.
Here are more Tantalizing Trays ideas and recipes from Sunday Supper!
- Antipasto Skewers by Simply Gourmet
- Bite-Sized Meatballs by MealDiva
- BLT Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- BLT Canapes by Peaceful Cooking
- BLT Crostini with Basil Mayonnaise by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Blueberry Jam and Goat Cheese Crostini by Casa de Crews
- Brie and Tomato Bruschetta by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cajun Deviled Eggs by Peanut Better and Peppers
- Charcuterie Board by Family Foodie
- Cheese-Filled Apple Rounds by eatingininstead
- Coquilles St. Jacques by Nosh My Way
- Crudite Platter with Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Dip by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crunchy Tuna Salad Boats by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Cucumber Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- Feta Zucchini Bites by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Thai Soup Shooters by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Figs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Heirloom Caprese Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Jalapeño Mac ‘n Cheese Bites by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- The Modern Relish Tray by An Appealing Plan
- Mostarda di Frutta by Rhubarb and Honey
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Peppers by Magnolia Days
- Ploughman’s Platter for a Party by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Puff Pastry Cheese Sticks by Basic N Delicious
- Rye Party Puffs by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Southwestern Turkey Sliders by The Texan New Yorker
- Spinach and Mushroom Pizza Bites by The Dinner-Mom
- Tomato Basil Soup Shooters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Zucchini and Summer Squash Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Alice in Wonderland Sugar Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Baked Lemon Glazed Mini Donuts by Killer Bunnies Inc.
- Chocolate Oreo Pocky Cupcakes, Cake, and Morello Cherry Buttercream by NinjaBaking
- French Silk Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- German Chocolate Brownie Bites by Wallflour Girl
- Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits (#glutenfree option) by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Raspberry Fools by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Shooters by The Redhead Baker
- Vegan Caramel Truffles by What Smells So Good?
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana Bites by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Witchy Chocolate Mousse with Culinary Fairy Dust by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.