Turkey Croquettes uses leftovers to create an exciting new dish! Moist not greasy with chunks of turkey.
Thanksgiving leftovers can be a challenge to serve. How many times do you want to do Thanksgiving dinner? Good thing the major cooking and clean up is done.
Now about those leftovers…
This dilemma is fairly common. So a few of my food blogging friends got together to kick around some recipe ideas for you. (And me too.) Thanks Camilla from Culinary Adventures with Camilla and Ellen from Family Around the Table for hosting this event!
Check out all our recipes below!
For this event, I decided to make Turkey Croquettes. Leftover mashed potatoes never tasted so good!
Add chopped turkey, sauteed celery and onion to the patties. Dredge in flour, egg and seasoned breadcrumbs and fry to brown. Finish in the oven and serve with country gravy. Awesome!
Confession time. I make this with fresh ingredients too. It’s that good.
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 to 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- oil for frying
- Mix together potatoes and turkey. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Saute celery and onions in butter until soft. Add to potato mixture. Form into patties.
- In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning and garlic salt.
- Dip patties in flour then egg and seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large oven safe fry pan. Fry to brown on both sides. Finish cooking in 350 oven for about 10 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Serve with gravy if desired.
Check out all these creative uses for those delicious leftovers!
- Cranberry-Orange Brie Bites by Books n’ Cooks
- Cranberry-Topped Baked Brie by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- (Leftover) Turkey and Cranberry BBQ Sauce Pizza by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Prosciutto & Asiago Stuffed Mushrooms by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Spicy Turkey Quesadillas by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Turkey Croquettes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Turkey and Sausage Gumbo by Palatable Pastime
- Turkey Pot Pie by Making Miracles