A Very Berry Springtime Spritzer serves up fresh strawberries, sweet red wine, raspberry Liqueur and a bit of bubbles to welcome spring!
Spring is back! You know what I’m talking about. signs of spring are everywhere.
Birds are singing again.
A house finch decided this feeder was a good place to start a family.
Update these are now 4 eggs in that nest!
Grass is green again. Open the windows and let in some fresh air.
Local fresh lettuce, spinach and spring onions are starting to appear. Asparagus and rhubarb are on their way too.
This week Sunday Supper celebrates the return of spring. We’re dishing up everything from breakfast to dessert with spring in mind.
When I think of spring fruit, berries top the list. Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and even blueberries are abundant in area stores. Time to utilize these beauties in muffins, sweet rolls, sauces and drinks.
One of my favorite drinks is a simple soda spritzer. A quick combination of wine and soda. I like to mix it up with different tastes by using red or white wine with ginger ale, lemon soda and even plain seltzer. Add some fresh fruit puree or fruit enhanced simple syrup to kick it up a notch. A shot of fruit liqueur works too!
- 1 12 ounce can of ginger ale
- 6 ounces sweet wine
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ounces Chambord
- Bring strawberries, water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat and cook until berries are soft and most of the liquid evaporates. Mash and set aside to cool.
- In a shaker, combine wine and Chambord. Strain strawberries over shaker. Stir.
- Add soda and pour over ice.
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry if desired.
A spritzer is usually a sweet drink. I prefer Red Moscato, Lambrusco, Sweet Red type wines but whites work as well. The soda adds a refreshing quality perfect for sipping.
Thanks Renee from Renee from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures for hosting this event!
Enjoy these great recipe ideas with spring in mind from Sunday Supper. Cheers!
- Chicken Sausage, Apple and Cheddar Breakfast Bake by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Chive and Cheese Quiche by An Appealing Plan
- Lavender Scones by Feeding Big and More
- Raspberry Lemon Baked Donuts by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Matcha Donuts by The Ninja Baker
- Whole Wheat Lemon Berry Coffee Cake with Lemon Glaze by A Mindful Mom
- Artichoke Lemon Hummus by Food Done Light
- Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tart by Baking Sense
- Butter Lettuce and Spring Radish Salad by Hardly A Goddess
- Ceviche with Potato and Pea Shoot Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Strawberry Popsicles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Wrapped Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- An Unconventional Mojito by Monica’s Table
- Caribbean Cream Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cucumber Grapefruit Basil Mojito by The Crumby Cupcake
- Limoncello Raspberry Sangria by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Spiced Rhubarb Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D Books and Cooks
- Vanilla Lavender Limeade by The Tip Toe Fairy
- Very Berry Springtime Spritzer by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Violet Hour by Wholistic Woman
- Cheese Tortellini with Herbed Ricotta and Fava Beans by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Gnocchi Primavera with Spring Asparagus and Peas by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Levantine Fattoush Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- One Pan Spicy Lemon Chicken with Tomatoes by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orecchiette with Peas, Pecorino and Onions by Cooking Chat
- Pasta with Peas by Manu’s Menu
- Pesto Shrimp and Zoodles Oh My! by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Ramp and Mushroom Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Spring Lamb Skewers with Roasted Baby Carrots by Food Lust People Love
- Spring Salad with Scallops and Strawberry Vinaigrette by My World Simplified
- Veggie Pasta Primavera by Momma’s Meals
- Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Rhubarb Salad by The Texan New Yorker
- Green Peas with Onion and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- Minty Pea Farro Spring Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Amazing Coconut Cake by A Baking Legacy
- Berry and Honey Whipped Ricotta by Family Foodie
- Caramelized Black Figs and Walnuts with Mascarpone by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Carrot Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Colorado Crème by Cooking on the Ranch
- Honey Blossoms by Get the Good Stuff!
- Hot Milk Sponge Cake by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Lemon Scented Choux with Rhubarb Ginger Pastry Cream by The Finer Cookie
- Meyer Lemon Bars by The Chef Next Door
- No-Bake Berry Greek Yogurt Pie by An Italian in my Kitchen
- Rhubarb Meringue Pie by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spring Cookie Bouquet by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs by Moore or Less Cooking
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream by Tramplingrose
- Strawberry Moscato Sorbet by Seduction in the Kitchen
- The Black Beast by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Plus Spring Vegetable Minestrone and more Spring Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Is there a favorite fruit or vegetable you’re glad is back in season? I’d love to hear what comes to mind when you think about spring meals!