Black Bean Corn Casserole for corn lovers who can’t get enough corn. Slightly spicy pasta, bean and corn dish with a lime cilantro kick!
Welcome to another great Sunday Supper event. This week we’re sharing dozens of recipes to tempt the corn lover in you!
I live in eastern Pennsylvania in the heart of the Lehigh Valley. Corn fields are still plentiful around us. We have the best sweet corn from overflowing farm stands to Newhard’s Corn Shed and every store in between.
Soon fall will bring dry corn for the animals. When the warm weather fades you see the ears drying on the stalks. Brown papery husks replace the soft silks and green sheaths that covered that golden goodness.
Farmers will turn their fields into elaborate corn mazes for public pleasure. The best ones can be harder than you think to navigate from start to finish. Your GPS won’t help you in there!
For now I’ll enjoy fresh corn for a few more weeks. Time to freeze some too and make the season last even longer.
One way I love to enjoy corn is in a casserole. Mix corn with pasta, beans and seasoning for a great side dish or main meal.
Save the tomatoes for the salsa!
- 2 cups cream corn (homemade or canned)
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked acini di pepe
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stir together corn, beans and pasta.
- Add lime juice and seasonings.
- Pour into an oven safe dish and cook at 350 until thoroughly heated.
Food for Thought… Could you enjoy a day where corn was the star of the meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Drop me a line in the comments below on which recipes you would make! I’d love to hear your ideas!
Enjoy all these delicious corn inspired recipes from Sunday Supper!
- Bacon and Corn Chowder by Latin Meet Lagniappe
- Cajun Baked Shrimp and Corn Dip by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cheesy Corn Tomato Tartlets by Sunday Supper Movement
- Cheesy Grilled Corn Dip by Helpful Homemade
- Crab & Jalapeno Hush Puppies by Simply Healthy Family
- Grilled Corn Salsa by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Indian Cheese Corn Toast: Popular Vegetarian Recipe by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Roasted Corn and Tomato Bruschetta by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Masa Harina Pancakes by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Corn Ravioli Caprese Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Griled Corn and Avocado Salad by Garden Matter
- Grilled Tri Tip and Roasted Corn Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Healthy Corn, Edamame & Avocado Salad by Food Done Light
- Summer Vegetable Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Black Bean Corn Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornbread Waffles with Pulled Pork by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Corn Fettuccine by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Fresh Corn Polenta with Summer Vegetables by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pasta with Creamy Corn Sauce and Summer Vegetables by Delaware Girl Eats
- Polenta Stuffed Peppers by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Shrimp Corn Chowder by Feeding Big and More
- A-maize-ing Maple Cornbread by Family Around The Table
- Blueberry and Corn Skillet Bread by Wholistic Woman
- Corn Pudding by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Corn Pudding with Jalapenos and Chiles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Addictive Corn by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Galey iyo Qumbo (Somali Corn in Coconut Sauce) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Honey Cornbread Muffins by Life Tastes Good
- Mealie Bread (South African Sweetcorn Bread) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Jalapeno Popper Cornbread Muffins by The Crumby Cupcake
- Peruvian Grilled Street Corn by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Skillet Corn with Bacon by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Skillet Fried Corn by New South Charm
- Skillet Jalapeno Cornbread by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Blackberry Cornbread Buckle by Pies and Plots
- Brazilian Corn Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Easy Cornmeal Budino with Blueberry Marmellata by Cooking With Carlee
- Mais Con Hielo-Corn on Ice by Asian In America
- Margarita Popcorn by The Redhead Baker
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream by Baking Sense
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.