Blueberry Ginger Parfaits stack fresh blueberries, creamy yogurt, ginger snaps and drizzled ginger syrup. A cool, anytime treat.
You never know what will show up when you do a potluck get-together. If you are lucky, everyone will bring something they enjoy. That way you know when it’s over there are no leftovers. Ha!
We’ve all been to potlucks where you thought it was a potato salad party. Worse yet, you also brought potato salad.
I had a standing invitation to a friend’s potluck party that she held every July 4th. They went all out with fireworks done by local firefighters, hayrides, the pool was open and a fishing pond. Good times.
But there were rules. A sensible list of requests for guests.
- Do not bring meat. We do the meat. This way no one wondered how long it was out of the fridge or if the meat was outdated.
- Pick a salad off the list. We will chill it. A quick call would get you your salad choice. No more potato salad parties.
- Bring dessert, beer, soda or wine. Better yet, bring napkins, paper plates, or kids outdoor games.
- Leave your pets at home. No sick dogs from sneaking bites off owner’s plates.
It was sad when my friends retired and moved out of state but we have great memories.
Today I like to take something healthier to potluck parties.
Blueberry Ginger Parfaits pack a punch with antioxidants, calcium and protein. Ginger snaps add spicy crunch. Light ginger syrup or honey drizzles a touch of sweetness.
I used Ginger People Ginger Syrup. Thanks for enlightening me, Camilla Mann from Culinary Adventures with Camilla 😉
Make these treats any size you like. Remember to take spoons along, just in case. I like the small sampler spoons. You can stick those spoons into any size cups.
- 40 ginger snap cookies crushed
- 16 ounces nonfat Greek yogurt
- 12 ounces fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup ginger syrup or honey
- Layer cookies, yogurt, blueberries, more yogurt, drizzle syrup sprinkle with more ginger snap pieces.
- Cover and keep cold to transport and serve.
Thanks T.R. of Gluten Free Crumbley for hosting our Sunday Supper Potluck!
What is your favorite dish to take to potluck parties? What dish do you always look forward to friends bringing? Drop me a line in the comments below.
Get inspired with these delicious Potluck Party ideas from Sunday Supper!
- Calamari salad with fennel and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coronation Chicken Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Creamy Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels with Roasted Red Peppers by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Corn Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Walnut Grapes by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Mint by April Golightly
Sides and Salads
- Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad by My World Simplified
- Antipasto Pasta Salad by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken by Hardly A Goddess
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chopped Caprese Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Crunchy Coleslaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cumin Scented Quinoa with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by The Hungry Goddess
- Easy Summer Chickpea Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Elotes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frog Eye Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Gluten Free Grilled Corn Salad by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Layered Salad with Green Goddess Dressing by Delaware Girl Eats
- No Mayo Potato Salad by Simple and Savory
- Roasted Vegetable Couscous Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Spaghetti Salad with Italian Dressing by Kitchen Gidget
- Summer Grain Salad by Pook’s Pantry
- Summer Tortellini Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Tarragon Marinated Brussels Sprouts by Beauty and the Beets
- Steve’s Fried Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Ginger Parfaits by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Slab Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Caramel Icebox Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Caramel “Doughnut” Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Cherry Crumb Bars by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Eclair Cake by Tramplingrose: Cooking, Baking & Ranting in Small-Town South Dakota
- Coconut Lime Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookie Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Double Chocolate Blondies by Family Around The Table
- Frozen Champagne Salad by Moore or Less Cooking
- How to make a Pineapple Summer Cake by Asian In America
- Lemon Icebox Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisps with Coconut by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- No-Bake Summer Berry Cream Cheese Tarts by Magnolia Days
- Peach Dumplings by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Peanut Butter Bars by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- S’mores Blondies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Summertime S’Mores by The Freshman Cook
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- White Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Plus Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake and Best Potluck Dishes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement