Four ingredients make this Blueberry Strawberry Swirl Sherbet so easy and so good! Wild blueberries, strawberry preserves, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk seal the deal. Add a dollop of whipped cream and you have sweet, Red, White and Blue treat.
Years ago when my daughter was just starting out on her own, her stepdad and I would throw parties outside for family and friends. Every warm weather holiday from Memorial Day through Labor Day consisted of a picnic of sorts. I’d make massive mounds of potato salad and macaroni salad. Cole slaw, watermelon and assorted beers, wine, soda, iced tea and iced coffee made their was to table.
Picnics and bbqs at our house were a must. A day of fun with volleyball, beanbags, music and just hanging out.
Everyone comes and goes as they want. Food was always available. You eat what you want.
Most times the evening ended in backyard fireworks.
Well, maybe not that spectacular! 😉
Desserts back then were cookies painted with red, white and blue icing. Sometimes a cake would appear with red, white and blue frosting. Rocket ice pops were popular as an ice cold treat for kids and adults.
Red, White and Blueberry Bars.
Nowadays the large backyard picnics are over. But I still enjoy to celebrate with a bit of Red, White and Blue.
Blueberry Strawberry Swirl Sherbet takes the goodness of wild blueberries and sweetened condensed milk and makes a smooth, creamy sherbet.
Swirl in some chunky strawberry preserves.
Don’t forget to add some white. A large squirt of whipped cream is just the thing!
Blueberry Strawberry Swirl Sherbet
- 1 pound frozen wild blueberries
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- Place blueberries, vanilla and milk into a blender. Puree.
- Pour into a freezer safe container.
- Dot the top with teaspoonfuls of preserves. Swirl preserves into sherbet.
- Freezer at least 3 hours until soft set. Better if frozen overnight.
Food for Thought...How do you get your Red, White and Blue food fix? Maybe a fruit pie? How about a cherry blueberry cheesecake? I’d love to hear your thoughts in a comment below!
Red, White, and Blue Sunday Supper Recipes to brighten your 4th of July!
Patriotic Picnic Picks
- American Flag Layered Dip by Soulfully Made
- Baked Blueberry Pancake with Cherry Syrup by Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Blueberry Almond Coffee Cake by Cricket’s Confections
- Blueberry Cherry Chia Pudding Parfaits by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Watermelon Salad by The Crumby Cupcake
- Boozy Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Parfait with Summer Fruit by Confessions of an Over-worked Mom
- Patriotic Slaw by Our Good Life
- Red White and Blueberry Dinner Salad by Cooking With Carlee
- Red, White and Blue Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Tomato, Cucumber and Bleu Cheese Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- American Flag Fruit Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Strawberry Swirl Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Key Lime Cream Puffs by Gourmet Everyday
- Patriotic Low Carb Vanilla Mousse in the Instant Pot by My Life Cookbook
- Red White & Blue Bundt Cake by Restless Chipotle
- Red White and Blue Banana Ice Cream by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Red, White & Blue No Bake Cheesecake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Red, White and Blue Broken Glass Jell-o by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Rollitos de Vino Blanco by What Smells So Good?
- Rose Petal Jam Filled Blueberry Cupcakes by NinjaBaker.com
- Star Spangled Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry and White Chocolate Panna Cotta by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.