Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers pack turkey ham and Swiss inside a juicy ground chicken burger. Top with dijonnaise for a classic taste treat.
This week Sunday Supper salutes classic cookout treats. Burgers and hot dogs pop up at cookouts more than any other food and for good reason. Hot dogs and burgers have come a long way since I started buying ground meat and packaged franks.
As a young mom hot dogs and burgers were quite often on the dinner menu. Quick cooking and inexpensive protein was a priority.
Nowadays burgers tout less fat and include a variety of meats. Chicken, turkey, mushrooms and even black beans vie for spots along with beef on your grill. As far as I’m concerned I okay with trying any kind of burger! That would be with or without the bun. 😉
I still enjoy an occasional hot dog with kraut at a cookout, ball game or festival. I’m much more about the burgers!
I like the idea of stuffing burgers with juicy treats like meat and cheese.
When you bite into this Chicken Cordon Bleu Burger you will agree stuffed burgers rock!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup diced turkey ham or ham
- 1/2 cup diced Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Mix together chicken, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Divide chicken into 4 parts.
- Flatten each burger and place diced ham and cheese in the center.
- Bring sides up to cover meat and cheese. Coat with bread crumbs and grill or pan fry.
- Mix together mayo, mustard and vinegar. Spread on finished burgers if desired.
Enjoy these great burger and hot dogs ideas for your next cookout from Sunday Supper Tastemakers!
All American Burgers & Dogs
- BLT Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bourbon BBQ Bacon Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bourbon Onion Bacon Dog by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chicago Style Hot Dog by The Culinary Compass
- Copycat Guberburgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Idaho Dogs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Philly Cheesesteak Dog by Palatable Pastime
- Pimento Cheese Burger by Magnolia Days
- Southern Seasoned Beef Burger by April Go Lightly
- The Best Ever Bacon, Egg and Cheese Burger by The Chef Next Door
- The SmashBurger by Monica’s Table
- Whiskey Burgers by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Parmesan Burgers by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Chicken Satay Burger with Peanut Sauce by Baking Sense
- Chicken Tikka Burgers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Miso Glazed Chicken Burgers by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Worldly Burgers & Dogs
- Blue Cheese Burger with Fig Jam by Garden Matter
- Caprese Burgers by The Redhead Baker
- Cheddar Stuffed Taco Burger by My Life Cookbook
- Dominican Chimichurri Burgers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Guacamole Cilantro Lime Cheeseburger by Life Tastes Good
- Hot Dog Maki Roll by kimchi MOM
- Meatball Parmesan Burgers by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Portuguese Hamburger by Family Foodie
- Salchipapas (Peruvian Sausages and Potatoes) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Smoky Sliders with Chipotle Mayo by Cooking on the Ranch
- Spicy Shishito Dog by Brunch-n-Bites
Where’s the Beef Burgers
- Baby Back Rib Burger by The Freshman Cook
- Brown Rice & Lamb Burgers with Spinach by Wholistic Woman
- Fish Taco Burgers by Pies and Plots
- Greek Lamb Burgers with Blistered Tomatoes and Tzatziki Spread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Miso Tuna Burgers by Caroline’s Cooking
- The Perfect Lentil Burger by Food Lust People Love
Where’s the Bun Burger
- Gluten Free Dessert Hamburgers by Gluten Free Crumbley
- How to make Salmon Burgers with Mango Salsa by Asian In America
- How to Pan-fry Bratwurst by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- The Ultimate #SundaySupper Hamburger and Hotdog Wine Pairing Guide by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.