Chicken with Whole Grains Casserole can be made with any grains you like. Even add veggies if you desire. Casseroles are king for this Sunday Supper!
I love casseroles with gooey cheesy sauce. I make lasagna with thick, tomato spaghetti sauce. Shepherd’s Pies and Pot Pies get extra rich gravy. Mac and Cheese casseroles of every kind have a place in my heart.
Today for Sunday Supper, I’m bringing a simple meat and grains dish to the table. The point of making this typically skillet-type dinner into a casserole is to shed the sauce. Chicken, bulgur and quinoa baked together. Top with your favorite soft cheese.
Thank you Alice from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen for hosting this tasty casserole event!
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups cooked bulgur or brown rice
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt (optional)
- ½ cup soft cheese, (feta, goat cheese, brinza) divided
- parsley (optional)
- Saute onion and garlic in oil until softened.
- In a large bowl,mix together bulgur, quinoa, chicken, broth, cooked onion and garlic. Add salt if desired.
- Divide into individual Cassolette dishes or one 8x8-inch dish.
- Sprinkle with ¼ cup crumbled cheese and parsley.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Dot with additional cheese and sprinkle parsley if desired.
Enjoy these great casserole ideas from the Sunday Supper Group!
Captivating Breakfast Casseroles
- Boozy Baked French Toast from Brunch with Joy
- Orange & Date Wife Saver Breakfast Casserole from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Spinach, Sausage and Polenta Breakfast Casserole from The Redhead Baker
Appetizing Casserole Sides
- Baked Cauli-Tots Casserole from Cupcake and Kale Chips
- Savory Sweet Potato and Sausage Bread Pudding from Nik Snacks
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Casserole from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Main Event Casseroles
- Artichoke and Spinach Macaroni and Cheese Casserole from Ruffles & Truffles
- Baked Penne with Roasted Cauliflower and Italian Sausage from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bison Meatloaf Casserole from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cheesy Chicken Corkscrew Casserole from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Cheesy, Creamy, Cauliflower and Sausage Casserole from Eating In Instead
- Chicken Enchiladas from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Bake from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chicken Ramen Mini Casseroles from The Ninja Baker
- Chicken with Whole Grains Casserole from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chinese Noodle Casserole from Momma’s Meals
- Crab Casserole for Two from Magnolia Days
- Homemade Poppy Seed Chicken from Food Done Light
- Fully Loaded Tater Tot Casserole from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- King Ranch Casserole from The Texan New Yorker
- King Ranch Mac and Cheese from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Ziti with Meatballs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Mexican Lasagna from MealDiva
- Mom’s Taco Casserole from Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Moroccan Polenta Casserole from Pancake Warriors
- Moussaka from Nosh My Way
- Neeps & Tatties Casserole from Happy Baking Days
- Quick No Boil Tuna Pasta Bake from Mess Makes Food
- Sausage Peppers and Onion Pasta Casserole from Family Foodie
- Southwestern Spaghetti Pie from The Messy Baker
- Cheesy, Layered Italian Pasta Torta from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Stove-top Four Cheese Mac and Cheese from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Supreme Pizza Strata from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet Corn and Green Chile Chicken Tamale Pie from Simply Healthy Family
- Taco Casserole from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Decadent Dessert and Sweet Casseroles
- Baked Lemon Dessert from Food Lust People Love
- The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls from Pies and Plots
- Butterscotch Bread Pudding from The Foodie Army Wife
- Classic Apple Crisp from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Ultimate Deep Dish Brownies from Recipe for Perfection
- Vegan Oreo Rice Krispie Treats from Killer Bunnies, Inc
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.