Flaked Salmon Arugula Spinach Watercress Salad taste spring in every bite. Fresh greens, bits of salmon, shaved Asiago drizzled with Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette.
Spring in just around the corner. Literally, tomorrow! I’m so excited! Everyday brings more light, warmth and renewal. Flowers poking their heads through the ground, through the snow, stretching towards the growing light.
The entire earth participates. It is the Spring Equinox.
“There are only two times of the year when the Earth’s axis is tilted neither toward nor away from the sun, resulting in a “nearly” equal amount of daylight and darkness at all latitudes. These events are referred to as Equinoxes…”(source:https://www.weather.gov)
A fresh salad speaks to me. I hear those greens come a-calling just begging to be eaten. A boost of nutritious salmon and nutty Asiago makes my mouth water. Fresh, in season Meyer Lemons need to be everything. So of course these tart sweet treats are the star of the vinaigrette.
- 3 ounces flaked salmon (canned or pouch)
- 2 cups mixed greens (spinach, arugula, watercress)
- 1 Tablespoon shaved Asiago cheese
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed Meyer Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- salt and pepper
- Place mixed greens on a plate. Sprinkle with salmon flakes and cheese.
- Whisk together oil, juice, dill, honey and salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad.
Thank you Anne from Simple and Savory for hosting this fun Sunday Supper event.
Welcome spring with these delicious recipes from the Sunday Supper Tastemakers!
Cakes, Pies, and Sweets
- Coconut Custard Pie by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Strawberry Meringue Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mango Banana Bread by Asian in America
- Meyer Lemon Panna Cotta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Upside Down Brown Sugar Apricot Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Cookies and Bars
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Coconut Mango Chia Pudding Parfait by The Crumby Cupcake
- Maple Syrup Madeleines by The Finer Cookie
- Oatmeal Rhubarb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Pistachio Lemon Bars by From the Bookshelf
- Creamy and Tangy Avocado Chicken Salad by Cooking On The Ranch
- Grilled Lamb Lollipops with a Lemon and Pea Dip by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Asparagus and Tomatoes by Hardly a Goddess
- Pad Thai Spring Rolls by Brunch-n-Bites
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Tenderloin by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spring Pizza with Goat Cheese & Asparagus by Wholistic Woman
- Spring Power Bowl by Simple and Savory
- Crab and Asparagus Pasta by My Savory Spoon.com
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus Rotini Pasta by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pasta Salad with Artichoke Hearts & Feta by Soulfully Made
- Simple Pasta with Peas, Ham and Cream by Cooking With Carlee
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Swordfish and Asparagus with Lentils and Chermoula by Caroline’s Cooking
- Flaked Salmon Arugula Spinach Watercress Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Salmon with Brie by Books n’ Cooks
- Red Snapper in a Saffron-Tomato Broth with Artichoke Hearts & Potatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Salmon with Parsley Pesto and Peas by Cooking Chat
Veggies and Sides
- Alfredo Scalloped Potatoes with Ham by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Braid by Crazed Mom
- Asparagus Soup by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Cheesy Potato Asparagus Tart by Sunday Supper Movement
- Herbed Lemon Potato Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Microwave Carrots and Peas by Cricket’s Confections
- Roasted Spring Vegetables by Food Lust People Love
- Shaved Asparagus Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.