Meyer Lemon Chicken Piccata teases your taste buds with sweet, tart citrus flavor. Tender chicken bathed in a delicate lemony sauce. Ready in under 30 minutes!
This week Sunday Supper is serving Citrus Recipes That Will Make You Smile!
March 20th is the official start of Spring this year, and what better way to celebrate than by recognizing the bright and versatile flavors of citrus in recipes that are sure to make everyone smile?
Help us usher in Spring with your best and brightest citrus recipes! Try anything from your everyday navel orange to satsuma mandarins, clementines, tangelos or grapefruit — or stick with the classics like lemon & lime! Shout out to our member Ellen Folkman for this tasty theme idea!
I’m a big fan of spring. My favorite flowers come out of hiding. Purple dots of violets appear in the newly greened grass. Lily-of-the-Valley, lilacs, pansies, daffodils and tulips take turns putting on show of pastel colors and delicate scents.
Daylight isn’t as fast to disappear as snow and ice.
Fresh local veggies start to reappear at farmers markets and neighborhood stores. Time to start planning my own garden too!
I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase, “spring chicken” so a young tender chicken dish it will be! A dish with my favorite citrus of course, Meyer Lemon!
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- salt and pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Mix together flour, salt and pepper
- Heat butter and oil over medium high heat
- Dredge chicken in seasoned flour and add to pan. Brown on both sides. Remove chicken to plate.
- Add Meyer lemon juice, chicken stock and capers to pan. Stir.
- Return chicken to pan, add parsley and simmer until chicken reaches 160 and sauce thickens. Cover and remove from heat rest until chicken reaches 165.
Food for Thought…What citrus dish is a favorite at your house? Is it made with lemons, limes, oranges or even grapefruit? I’d love to hear your ideas in a comment below!
Thanks to Lisa Grant of Jersey Girl Cooks for hosting this event!
Enjoy all these delicious citrus recipe from the Sunday Supper Tastemakers!
- Chocolate Orange Cinnamon Rolls by Caroline’s Cooking
- Creamy Vanilla-Orange Overnight Oats by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Key Lime Muffins with Key Lime Glaze by Family Around The Table
- Lemon Donut Holes by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread by Pies and Plots
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Tiny Batch Blood Orange Marmalade by What Smells So Good?
- 10 Minute Lemon Pasta With Crispy Basil by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Asian Lemon Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Calamansi Shrimp on Couscous by Asian In America
- Citrus Marinated Chicken Thighs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Citrus-Glazed Scallops with Chunky Avocado Salsa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Lemon Lime Shrimp Cocktail w/a Citrus Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Ricotta Spaghetti with Peas by Cricket’s Confections
- Meyer Lemon Chicken Piccata by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pan Parmesan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orange Beef by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Instant Pot Orange Chicken by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Skillet Roasted Lemon Chicken by My Savory Spoon
- Slow Cooked Orange Chicken Breasts by Simple and Savory
- Thai Lime Basil Chicken Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Banana Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Clementine Pistachio Pomegranate Upside Down Cake by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Japanese Lemon Yuzu Bars by The Ninja Baker
- Key Lime Chiffon Pie by Food Done Light
- Lemon & Blueberry Skillet Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lemon Key Lime Layer Snack Cakes by Crazed Mom
- Meyer Lemon Creme Brulee by Soulfully Made
- Pink Grapefruit Meringue Tart by Baking Sense
- Sittin’ On a Sandbar Key Lime Pie by Gourmet Everyday
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- The Best Lemon Bars Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Citrus Macaroon Mascarpone Tart by The Crumby Cupcake
- Triple Lemon Poke Cake by Shaken Together
- Homemade Grapefruit Soda by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pineapple Orange Smoothie by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Ruby Red Mimosa by Our Good Life
- Simple Meyer Lemon Margaritas by My Life Cookbook
- Watermelon Limeade by From the Bookshelf
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.