Halloween is just around the corner and our #SundaySupper group wanted to share our ghoulish favorites with you!
My friend Leslie from La Cocina de Leslie is hosting the Trick-or-Treat Halloween Party!
Witches, ghosts, goblins, vampires, zombies, monsters… Everyone is invited. You don’t want to miss this hair-raising party. It’s sure to be a real scream!
I’m bringing Monster Mashed Potatoes. They’re so easy and kids love to make and eat them!
Monster Mash Potatoes
- 2 large baking potatoes, cooked
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
- 1/4 bl smoked gouda, thin sliced
- bacon bits, pork or turkey
1. Carefully slice potatoes in half and scoop out centers. Place mashing potato into bowl.
2. Add sour cream and mash it like you mean it! You can sing Monster Mash while you do this. It’s okay if you dance too!
3. Replace potato mixture into coffin skin and shape into monster.
4. Add bacon bits for its face, hair, etc whatever you like!
5. Cover your monster with its cheese blanket (it gets cold down in the tomb!)
and place it in the oven or microwave to reheat and melt the cheese. Serve as a side, appetizer, or snack!
Need more great Halloween meal and party ideas?
Check out what’s on the menu for our Trick-or-Treat #SundaySupper Halloween Party:
- Shrunken Heads in Cider – Girlichef
- Candy Corn Martini – The Messy Baker Blog
- Trick-or-Treat Wine Pairings for Halloween – ENOFYLZ
- Steak Bites with Bloody Mary Dipping Sauce - I Run for Wine
- Eggs in Purgatory – My Catholic Kitchen
- Mini Jack-o’-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pies - Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Baked Mummy Cheese Dogs – In the Kitchen with KP
- Meat Head – Ruffles & Truffles
- Goblin Eggs – Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Mummy Hot Dogs – Damn Delicious
- Spooky Kid Pizzas – Sustainable Dad
- Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Dip, & Wicken Witch’s Brew – Daddy Knows Less
- Monster Mash – Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Sloppy Worm Sandwiches - La Cocina de Leslie
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Biscoff Cream – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Spooky Ogre Eye Cookies – The Realistic Nutritionist
- Jack O’ Lantern Cookies -Magnolia Days
- Spooky Good Popcorn Snack Mix -The Weekend Gourment
- White Chocolate & Coconut Dipped Strawberry Ghosts - Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Monster Bites – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vegan Halloween Sugar Cookies -Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Monster Cookies -Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Tunnel of Doom Cake – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Candy-Stuffed Rice Crispy Treat Pumpkins -Chocolate Moosey
- Crispy Graham Bones – The Meltaways
- Dulce de Leche Bat Cookies – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Witch’s Fingers – Noshing with The Nolands
- Sweet Intestines with Broken Glass – The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Graveyard Brownies -The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Boo Candy Corn & Chocolate Chip Cookies – Hip Foodie Mom
- Bleeding Devil Cakes -Momma’s Meals
- Pumpkin Halloween Munch – Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cake Pops – Juanita’s Cocina
- Jack-O-Lantern Carrot Cake - Galactosemia in PDX
- Ghostly Chocolate Orange Tarts – Happy Baking Days
- Messy Monster Cookies - MarocMama
- Bewitchingly Delicious Butterscotch Broomstick Cake Pops – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Halloween Popcorn Cake – Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- Witches Morning Gruel - In the Kitchen with Audrey
- White Chocolate & Dulce de Leche Ghosts – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peanut Butter Candy Bar Cookies - The Cookie A Day Challenge
- Monster Cookie Revel Bars – Baker Street
- Halloween Cereal Bars - Basic N Delicious
- Ossi di Morti (Bones of the Dead Cookies) – Webicurean
- Pumpkin Pie Pinwheels – Midlife Road Trip
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day, this Sunday (October 28th) during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm (Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about all things Halloween. All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat.
We’d also love to feature your favorite Halloween recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers, too.