Carrots are the star of this soup. Ginger adds a bit of zing. Fresh squeezed orange juice makes it tangy sweet.
How do you feel about meatless meals? We try to eat at least one meal where veggies are the center of attention. Sometimes I skip the eggs, butter and milk too.
Today Sunday Supper sets its focus on celebrating World Vegetarian Day!
Salads make an easy veggie meal. You can add fruit to brighten up the plate. Spinach and Strawberry Salad is one of my favorites!
Soup is another easy way to get your veggie meal. I love potato soups, rustic tomato and split pea. Yum!
Butternut squash is coming into season just in time for soup too.
I like the flavors of carrots, ginger and orange together. Try this combo as soup and let me know if you agree!
Orange Ginger Carrot Soup
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice.
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Add carrots, onion, broth and ginger to a 3-quart saucepan. Cook until carrots are soft but not mushy.
- Stir in orange juice, zest, salt and pepper.
- Puree in small batches. Serve warm or chilled.
Susan Pridmore from The Wimpy Vegetarian for hosting this event!
Food for thought…What is your go to veggie for soup or sides? I’d love to hear your ideas in a comment below!
Enjoy all these great vegetable dishes from our Sunday Supper Group!
- Citrus Marinated Olives by Cricket’s Confections
- Goat Cheese and Red Onion Quesadilla by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Green Tomato and Mozzarella Salad by Monica’s Table
- Italian Lupini Beans by She Loves Biscotti
- Orange Ginger Carrot Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Orange Beet Cake by Baking Sense
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Make Your Children Eat Their Vegetables…in a Cupcake! by The Ninja Baker
- Zucchini Blueberry Coffee Cake by Pies and Plots
- Butternut Squash Zoodles with Fried Sage Sauce by Home Sweet Homestead
- Caprese Stuffed Roasted Eggplant by Sunday Supper Movement
- Cheesy Cauliflower Cake by Food Lust People Love
- Chipotle Tofu Tacos with Plantain by Caroline’s Cooking
- Glazed Carrot and Quinoa Salad with Crispy Chickpeas by Helpful Homemade
- Green Goddess Mac and Cheese by Moore or Less Cooking
- Mujaddara by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Penne-Wise Pumpkin Pasta by Wholistic Woman
- Pumpkin Gnocchi and Spinach with Sage Brown Butter Sauce by The Redhead Baker
- Radical Reuben Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Delicata Squash with Sriracha Aioli by The Hungry Goddess
- Roasted Vegetable Casserole by A Mind “Full”Mom
- Spicy Tofu and Rice Stir Fry by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Strawberry Soba Noodle Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Vegan Creamy Butternut Squash Soup with Spinach by Cooking Chat
- Vegetarian Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Veggie Riggies: A Rigatoni Sauté by Hardly A Goddess
- Caramelized Onions and Cauliflower by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh with Chickpeas by Simple and Savory
- Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Rice by My Life Cookbook
- Locro de Papa (Ecuadorian Potato Soup) by Curious Cuisiniere
- South African Yellow Rice by What Smells So Good?
- Spiralized Sweet Potato and Apple Sauté with Dates by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Turmeric Hummus Casserole by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.