This post is sponsored by the Idaho® Potato Commission in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Potato Salad Tortilla Bowls serve delicious Idaho® potatoes with honey mustard dressing in an edible salad bowl. These bowls are a perfect treat for your game day parties. Great taste with easy clean up.
It’s almost time for the big game to start and your guests are on their way. If you are like me, you don’t want to spend all your time in the kitchen and miss out the fun.
I still want to serve the gang food that tastes good and is good for them. That’s why I feature Idaho® potatoes as a big part of my game day menu.
Idaho® potatoes are part of a heart healthy diet. These nutritious spuds are fat free with no cholesterol.
Did you know that one Idaho® Potato contains 45 percent of your daily requirement of vitamin C and more potassium than a banana!
Eating Idaho® potatoes gives me a great boost of energy from simple and complex carbohydrates. Something I can use to keep cheering all game long!
That’s why when it comes to potato dishes I only serve my guests genuine Idaho® potatoes. Hi Spuddy Buddy!
Idaho® potatoes are consistent in quality season after season. Their russets bake up fluffier because of the lower moisture content. That makes an Idaho® Potato bar with all the fixings like cheese, broccoli, chili, onions and low fat sour cream taste so good.
Homemade chips made with thin sliced Idaho® potatoes offer guests and family a healthier treat because Idaho® potatoes actually absorb less oil due to their skin make up.
Even fries shrink less and stay crisper because of Idaho® potatoes overall texture.
Today I’m offering a healthier potato salad made with veggies, honey and mustard. I skipped the mayo and of course, used Idaho® potatoes!
I use a slotted spoon to shape the tortilla bowls. Don’t forget to drain these on a paper towel!
- 2 pounds gold Idaho® potatoes(I used the baby gold Idaho® potatoes)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach, arugula or field greens
- 12 6-inch flour tortilla shells
- oil for frying
- Heat oil in fryer or saucepan to 350 degrees. Drop tortillas one at a time into hot oil. Press center with spoon to form bowl. Drain on paper towels.
- Cook Idaho® potatoes until tender. Drain and cool. Peel and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Mix together Idaho® potatoes, celery, onions and red peppers.
- Whisk together oil, honey, mustard, horseradish, salt and pepper. Toss with potato mixture. Chill.
- Line tortilla bowls with greens. Add potato salad. Serve.
Visit Idaho® Potato at their website for the scoop on Idaho® Potato nutrition, recipes, fun facts and more!
Wait, there’s more! We have an exciting giveaway and demo I want to tell you about!
Join us Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 4:00pm for our Sunday Supper Facebook Live with Isabel from Family Foodie! Isabel will be making some delicious Potato Chorizo Bites with Idaho® potatoes!
We will be giving away 10 pounds of Idaho® potatoes and a Copy of the Smashed, Mashed, Boiled, and Baked – Fried Too! Cookbook! This cookbook is a celebration of potatoes in 75 irresistible recipes. The winner will be selected during the Sunday Supper Facebook live event. Join us at 4:00pm on Facebook at the Sunday Supper Movement page.
Food for Thought…What Idaho® potato side dish would your guests love for the big game? I’d love to hear your ideas in a comment below!
Enjoy all these delicious game day recipes made with Idaho® potatoes from the Sunday Supper Tastemakers!
- Cajun Taters & Sausage by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cheesy Bacon Potato Bite-Sized Snacks by Life Tastes Good
- Fingerling Potato Bacon Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Potato Football Candy by Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Potato “Wings” by Food Done Light
- Healthier Mashed Potato Bowls by Cooking Chat
- Persian Lamb Stuffed Potato Cakes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Potato Salad Tortilla Bowls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pulled Pork Potato Skins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Steak and Potato Pizza by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buffalo Smashed Potatoes by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Cheesy Sausage Stuffed Red Potatoes by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Cuban Garlic Mojo Potato Salad by Go Epicurista
- Tempura Cheesy Potato Balls by Cricket’s Confections
- Best Potato Wedges by Moore or Less Cooking
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Potato Bites by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Loaded Curly Fries with Gouda Cheese Sauce by Casa de Crews
- Potato and Chive Mini Waffles by My Life Cookbook
- Potato Blue Cheese Tartlets by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Potato Nacho Stacks by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Bacon Parmesan Potato Pavé Squares by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.