Blueberry Ice Cream Cookie Bars layered creamy ice cream between blueberry packed shortbread cookies! Not too sweet, just like Dad! 😉
I remember my Dad as a fun-loving guy who was not too sweet and gushy all the time. He ran he own his own construction business. A naturally hard-working, hands on kind of man. He’d eat hard-boiled eggs by the dozen and gloves were for sissies.
When it came to food, the simpler the better. Spaghetti with meat sauce could have been served every meal and that would have been fine. In fact he loved cold spaghetti in the morning. Maybe the carbs jump started his day?
He was a vanilla ice cream lover. I remember I had to beg for Mom to get chocolate. Best case scenario was Napoleons. A strip of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry.
So in honor of him, I created a simple ice cream sandwich. Plain vanilla ice cream slathered between two not-so-sweet blueberry shortbread cookies.
Of course you need to start with a good cookie.
This cookie sandwich teases your taste buds with tangy dried blueberries, vanilla cookie and cold, creamy ice cream.
A manly or womanly treat for sure!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup dried wild blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Mix together flour, cornstarch, blueberries. Add to creamed mixture.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 8x8-inch ungreased pan. Press into a single layer.
- Bake at 350 about 20 to 25 minutes until light brown on top and firmly baked.
- Cool a few minutes, but while still warm, cut to desired size.
What’s Dad’s favorite thing to do on his day?
Enjoy all these great ideas to serve up a special Father’s Day tribute from Sunday Supper!
Appetizers & Snacks:
- Best Popcorn Ever (with Nutritional Yeast!!) by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Easy Homemade Pretzel Recipe by April Golightly
- Nana’s Pimento Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bourbon Sweet Tea Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Dad’s Favorite Blueberry Pancakes by Family Around The Table
- Steak & Egg Breakfast Skillet by Caroline’s Cooking
Condiments & Sauces:
- Apple Crisp by Ninja Baker
- Banana Berry Bread by Desserts Required
- Blackberry Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream by Simple and Savory
- Black Bourbon Walnut Brownies with Maple-Candied Bacon by The Crumby Cupcake
- Blueberry Ice Cream Cookie Bars by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cherry Garcia Bars by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cupcakes by Crazed Mom Lifestyle & Recipes
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Coconut Cream Pie by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Tempura Strawberries by Baking Sense
- German Chocolate Brownie Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Graham Cracker Chocolate Chunk No-Churn Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Fruit Kabobs with Fresh Whipped Cream by Helpful Homemade
- Peach Crumble Bars by The Finer Cookie
- Personal Banana Cream Pie by Food Lust People Love
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Maizena Tamal by Basic N Delicious
- Mom’s Carrot Cake by Jennifer Cooks
- Bacon Patty Melts by Cookin’ Mimi
- BBQ Salmon Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing by PancakeWarriors
- Beef Shepherd’s Pie Casserole by Cooking Chat
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos by Palatable Pastime
- Carolina-Style BBQ Burger by The Redhead Baker
- Coffee-Rubbed Prime Rib Roast by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fried Chicken by Tramplingrose
- Grilled Chicken and Beef Stir Fry by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Filet Mignon with Zip Sauce by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Italian Sausage and Peppers by Monica’s Table
- Moroccan Preserved Lemon Chicken Tagine by Curious Cuisiniere
- Philly Style Slow Roasted Pork Sandwich with Broccoli Rabe and Provolone by The Hungry Goddess
- Sharp Cheddar and Crispy Onion Burgers with Horseradish Sauce by A Mind Full Mom
- Skillet Spaghetti and Meatballs by From Gate to Plate
- Spicy Fish Tacos with Garlic-Chive Aioli by Wholistic Woman
- Turkey Chorizo Burgers with Guacamole by Books n’ Cooks
- Vegetarian “Philly Cheesesteak” by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Walnut Cauliflower Zucchini Boats by Beauty and the Beets
- Chipotle Lime Cole Slaw by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- The Ultimate BLT Pasta Salad by Cooking with Carlee
Plus What Dad Really Wants for Father’s Day from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.