Cranberry Walnut Potato Salad delivers holiday flavors in an all time favorite side. Serve warm or cold.
Holiday Salad Recipes for #SundaySupper.
The holidays are almost here! We’re getting closer and closer to maybe the busiest time of the year for meal planning and cooking, so it’s time to start thinking about what we’re going to make!
Every holiday needs a salad. I’m not talking about only green salads– I mean pasta salads, potato salads, egg salads, chicken salads, any kind of salad you want to make! Any kind of salad goes. Bring your favorite holiday salad recipes to the table!
Cranberries are a must on my holiday meals list. I absolutely LOVE cranberries!
Homemade Grape Cranberry Sauce is sweet yet has a bit of bite from cloves.
You can find the recipe here.
Beef and cranberries is another winning combination in this Cranberry Londonbroil. A #BestAngusBeef roast covered in cranberries…yes! The more the merrier!
Of course bread at Christmas need a few cranberries too as in this White Cranberry Nut Bread!
Not to forget cranberry cookies, cakes and candies!
All these delicious cranberry dishes. Why have I never made Cranberry Walnut Potato Salad before now?
You have Thanksgiving and Christmas flavors of cranberries and walnuts in one bite!
Cranberry Walnut Potato Salad adds celery and fresh basil to Idaho® potatoes for a crunch factor. The dressing spices it up with spicy brown mustard and a pinch of horseradish.
I used canned cranberry sauce but homemade is surely better!
- 1 lb Idaho® potatoes (2 large)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon horseradish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coat potatoes in margarine and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Wrap potatoes in aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours.
- Unwrap potatoes and allow to cool a bit before peeling. Cut into desired pieces (1 to 1 1/2-inches)
- While potatoes cool, mix dressing ingredients.
- Add celery to potato pieces. Coat with dressing.
- Serve warm or cold.
Potatoes can be prepared a day ahead to save time.
Holiday Salad Recipes from #SundaySupper Tastemakers!
Festive Holiday Salad Recipes
- Best Ambrosia Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cranberry Fluff Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Walnut Potato Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy Green Bean Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Layered Christmas Gelatin Salad by Positively Stacey
- Orange Fennel Salad by Pies and Plots
- Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Bountiful Holiday Salad Recipes
- Roasted Artichoke Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Roasted Vegetable & Goat Cheese Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing by Bites of Wellness
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Drunken Cranberries by Our Good Life
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Dressing by Life Tastes Good
- Sweet Potato French Bean Lentil Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Winter Beet Salad with Goat’s Cheese Dressing by Caroline’s Cooking
- Winter Fruit Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Winter Slaw with Pecans and Maple Dressing by Sprinkles and Sprouts
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.