Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Raise your glass; we’re celebrating National Moscato Day (May 9th) with Gallo Family Vineyards! This week The Sunday Supper Team spotlights recipes and pairings featuring White, Pink and Red Moscato.
I tasted Moscato for the first time at a party a few years ago and it has been a favorite of mine ever since. If you never tried Moscato, then you are in for treat. The sweet, light-bodied white wine pairs perfectly with fruity desserts or adds a nice contrast to spicy dishes.
I chose Gallo Family Vineyard’s White Moscato with its peach undertones and bright taste for my peach and apricot cake.
Soaking the dried apricots in Moscato added a layer of flavor. These plumped up nicely.
I love the way the wine taste mingled throughout the fruit! I soaked a few extra to enjoy later with a cheese tray and a glass of Moscato as an added treat. Delicious!
Depending on your dish, you may want to try pairing it with Gallo Pink or Red Moscato.
Gallo describes their Pink Moscato as light-bodied, but bursting with aromas of fresh citrus and peach, followed by hints of fresh red berries and orange blossoms. This wine is versatile and pairs equally as well with spicy foods like Thai curries as it does with dessert.
If you want a more medium-bodied wine, Red Moscato brings out flavors of sweet citrus and peach, with a bright red berry finish. This refreshing, wine is best-enjoyed chilled and paired with light cheeses, spicy cuisine or desserts. I especially like this wine with chocolate.
You can learn more about each of these wines and pairings here:
Here is a GFV $1 off digital coupon towards your next purchase of Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato.
To find a store near you, use Gallo’s handy Store Locator .
Stay in touch with Gallo for up to date news and happenings at Gallo Family Vineyards!
Visit their website at http://www.gallofamily.com/
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh peeled or frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 12 dried apricots
- 1/2 cup Gallo White Moscato
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Gallo White Moscato
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Soak apricots overnight in 1/2 cup Moscato.
- Beat together egg, granulated sugar and vanilla. Add wine syrup from apricots. Stir in peaches.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry mixture into wet mix. Stir to coat fruit.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 8×8-inch baking pan.
- Top with apricots, brown sugar and pecan pieces.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes and an inserted tooth comes out clean.
- While cake cooks, make whipped cream:
- Whip together cream, powdered sugar, Moscato and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Serve cake warm with Moscato Whipped Cream or chill to serve later. Refrigerate cake up to 3 days.
Soaking apricots releases juices and thickens wine into a syrup. Add this syrup directly to cake batter.
Here are more great recipes and pairings featuring Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato from the Sunday Supper Group!
Appetizers and Mains:
- Lemon Rosemary Moscato Chicken by Family Foodie
- Moscato Meatball Skewers by Melanie Makes
- Pork Roast with Peach Moscato Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Pork with Moscato Sauce & Veggies by Momma’s Meals
Beverages, Breakfast, and Sweets:
- Blackberry Bellinis by The Foodie Army Wife
- Blackberry Almond Cake with Moscato Zabaione by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Individual Plum Crumbles with Moscato Syrup by Neighborfood
- Mandarin Orange Tart by NinjaBaking.com
- Mango Moscato Sorbet by Webicurean
- Mexican Chocolate Ganache Cake by MealDiva
- Mixed Berry Moscato Gelees by Alida’s Kitchen
- Moscato Gelée with Strawberry Compote by kimchi MOM
- Olive Oil Cake with Strawberry-Red Moscato Sorbet and Moscato Zabaglione by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Overnight Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peachy Apricot Moscato Cake with Moscato Whipped Cream by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pink Moscato Cupcakes + Citrus Moscato Sangria by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pink Moscato Strawberry Shortcake by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Raspberry Moscato Sangria by The Messy Baker
- Strawberry Pink Moscato Ice Pops by girlichef
- Strawberry Tart with Moscato Lemon Curd by Foxes Love Lemons
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.