If there’s one thing everything can agree on it’s pizza. Show us your best pizza recipes. Do you like thin and crispy crust? Or thick and chewy? We want to see your favorite pizza or pizza inspired recipes!
Pizza is my weakness. Just because it’s “fast food”, pizza can still be nutritious and a complete meal.
Topping choices are endless and so are the categories. You have meatlovers pizzas, veggie lovers pizzas and classics like Margherita with fresh basil and tomato. Taco pizza, Philly steak, and Buffalo chicken get gobbled up just as fast as plain.
I tend to enjoy a pizza more with meat and veggies together. One of my favorites is Chicken Meatball Pizza with garlic and sun-dried tomatoes in the crust.
I enjoy dessert pizzas too like these: Hot Apple Pizza and Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pizza with special crusts.
Sausage and peppers over rice is another go to meal I make on a busy night. Sweet Italian, country-style or spicy hot sausage lend variety to the dish.
For my pizza version, I skip the pizza sauce and use fresh tomatoes instead. You can use a store bought crust or make the dough ahead of time.
- 31/2 to 4 cups bread flour or all-purpose flour, plus flour for rolling
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 envelope of dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water 110 degrees
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus oil to grease bowl and brush crust
- 1 lb loose sausage
- 1 medium red pepper cut into strips
- 1 medium green pepper cut into strips
- 1 onion cut into strips
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Set aside to bloom (about 10 minutes)
- Knead together 3 1/2 cups flour, salt and yeast mixture add oil and enough additional flour to form a soft slightly sticky dough ball.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover. Place in a warm area and allow to double in size.
- Punch dough down and form into crust. Prick with fork. Brush with olive oil.
- While dough rises, prepare sausage and peppers.
- Place sausage, peppers and onions in a large skillet. Fry over medium heat until sausage is thoroughly cooked and peppers and onions are soft. Drain off grease,
- Top dough with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, sausage mixture, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. tomato slices and remaining cheeses. Sprinkle with oregano or Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Bake at 450 for approximately 15 to 20 minutes until dough is baked and cheese is melted.
Food for Thought…Do you prefer traditional tomato pizza sauce or a “white” pizza? Have you ever used other sauces like bbq or ranch instead of tomato sauce? I’d love to hear your ideas in a comment below!
Enjoy all these great takes on pizza from Sunday Supper!
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza by Monica’s Table
- Cool Veggie and Ranch Pizza Appetizer by Positively Stacey
- Pepperoni Cheese Pizza Sliders by Family Around the Table
- Pizza Beef Wontons by Asian in America
- Pizza Potato Skins by Casa de Crews
- Cinnamon Roll Pizza by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Home Canned Pizza Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza by The Foodie Affair
- Cheesecake Pizza by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Macaroon Pizza by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Fruit Pizza by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Jam, Pear and Butternut Squash Pizza by Caroline’s Cooking
- Bagel Pizzas by And She Cooks
- BBQ Bacon Mango Pizza by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Candy Corn Pizza by Palatable Pastime
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Chicken Pesto Calzone by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chicken Pot Pie French Bread Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Vegetable Pizza (Low-Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Copycat UNO’s Pizza by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Deep Dish Fondue Pizza by Momma’s Meals
- Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls by Crazed Mom
- Easy French Bread Pizza by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Everything Pizza Tartin by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fall Veggie Pizza by The Culinary Compass
- Gluten Free Curried Pumpkin Chicken Pizza by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Wraps by Food Lust People Love
- Hawaiian Pizza Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Homemade Pan Pizza by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lahmacun (Turkish Pizza) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Lunchtime Pizza Muffins by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Meatball Sub Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Mexican Pizza by Moore or Less Cooking
- Mexican-Style Corn Tortilla Pizzas by Home Sweet Homestead
- Mom’s Family Style Cavatini by Powered by BLING
- Onion Tart by Wholistic Woman
- Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread Pizza by Family Foodie
- Pizza Grilled Cheese by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Pizza Pot Pies by Brunch-n-Bites
- Pizza Steak Hoagie by The Freshman Cook
- Pizza Toscana by Cooking with Carlee
- Roasted Garlic and Spinach Pizza with Balsamic Onions by Helpful Homemade
- Rustic Bacon & Citrus Pizza by Gourmet Everyday
- Sausage and Peppers Pizza by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sausage Arugula Pizza by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Grilled Pizza by Our Good Life
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Pizza Bread by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Supreme Breakfast Pizza by The Crumby Cupcake
- Taco Dip Pizza by Hardly a Goddess
- Tandoori Chicken Pizza with Fresh Basil and Mozzarella by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- The Mac Pizza by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Vegan Margherita Pizza by Simple and Savory
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.