Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast layers luscious strawberry cream cheese between thick slices of batter-dipped English Toasting Bread. Top with fresh Strawberry Balsamic Syrup.
This week Sunday Supper takes us back in time for….
Nostalgic Summer Recipes
As we roll into the lazy days of summer on June 21st, let’s conjure up the past with recipes that remind us of the carefree summer days of our childhood. From carnivals and county fairs to backyard BBQ’s and picnics on the beach, what dish invokes warm summertime memories?
Early summer here in PA is strawberry season! Farm stands and pick-your-own strawberry fields are ripe for the picking!
One of the coolest memories I have is picking strawberries at my neighbor house. They had a strawberry patch about 100 yards from my back door. Jean would send us kids out to pick a colander full at a time to make her best ever jam.
The best part was we could eat what we want for helping. There was alway enough to go around. Even for the birds!
Another great point to summer was no early morning schedule. I could sleep in if I wanted but then I might miss a cooked breakfast before Mom went to work.
Like French Toast for example. 😉
Strawberry season sparked another love for me. Strawberry cream cheese made with fresh strawberries as opposed to jam. There is still nothing as good as the real thing!
So for today’s Sunday Supper I decided to combine all these things into one decadent, delicious, strawberry nutritious meal.
Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast.
I chose English Toasting Bread for its light, almost Angel Food Cake texture. Enjoy with your favorite syrup or dust with powdered sugar if you like.
- 1/2 chopped strawberries
- 8 ounces cream cheese or Neufchâtel cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 loaf bread thick sliced (4 to six slices)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- spray oil
- Puree strawberries and powder sugar together in a food processor. Add cream cheese and blend until smooth. set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and half and half. Coat each side of bread with egg mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Fry bread on hot greased griddle until golden brown.
- Spread strawberry cream cheese on one side and top with another slice.
- Serve with your favorite syrup.
Enjoy all these great recipes and summer food love stories from Sunday Supper!
- Blueberry Lavender Lemonade by Beauty and the Beets
- Natural Pink Pineapple Lemonade by Food Lust People Love
- Rhubarb Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Gazpacho Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled BLT Kebabs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Strawberry Fruit Dip by Books n’ Cooks
- Classic Shrimp Roll Sliders by Crazed Mom
- How to Cook Hot Dogs by Life Tastes Good
- Wiener Schnitzel by Caroline’s Cooking
- Baked Beans by Magnolia Days
- Creamy Ranch Potato Salad by Dash of Evans
- Grilled Zucchini Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Seven-Layer Salad with Bacon and Peas by The Hungry Goddess
- Southern Fried Squash by Peaceful Cooking
- Spätzlesalat (German Spaetzle Pasta Salad) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Summer’s Best Tomato Cucumber Salad by Delaware Girl Eats
- Ambrosia Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Bavarian Almonds by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Cobbler by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Boardwalk Funnel Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Buttermilk Pound Cake by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- DIY Drumsticks by A Mind Full Mom
- Double Corn Buttermilk Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Frosted Grapes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gluten Free S’mores Magic Bars by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Homemade Banana Pudding by Cooking with Carlee
- Homemade Drumsticks by Pies and Plots
- Japanese Melon Ice Cream by Ninja Baker
- Lemon Coconut Bars by The Finer Cookie
- Lemonade Pie with Sugar Cone Crust by Dizzy, Busy and Hungry
- Poke Cake by Our Good Life
- Maple Sugar Candy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mom’s Rhubarb Cake by Monica’s Table
- Nana’s No-Bake Cheesecake Squares by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Pudding Pops by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Root Beer Float Ice Cream Sandwiches by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Sherbet Float by Cookin’ Mimi
- Strawberry Jello Angel Food Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Jello Pie by Tramplingrose
- Tita’s Fruit Dessert by Basic N Delicious
- Toasted Coconut Puppy Chow by Helpful Homemade
- Watergate Salad by Flavor Mosaic
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement