Boozy Bacon Cherry Crumble with dark sweet cherries, bourbon maple syrup, oats and BACON! Head down the road to Delicioustown!
I know people that salivate at the word, “Bacon”. They drool like puppies at the smell of sizzling hickory-smoked strips of meaty goodness.
Okay, maybe the “they” is me. But I’m not alone.
Lehigh Valley was the home to A&B meats, a leading producer of processed pork products.
Our minor league baseball team is the Iron Pigs. Of course one of their mascots resembles a pig and another a strip of bacon.
For today’s recipe I pulled out all the stops. Dark sweet cherries, maple sugar, bourbon maple syrup, oats and a double shot of bacon. You’ll get bacon every scoop of fruit AND in the crumble topping!
Enjoy this sweet treat warm alone or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Oh heck make it Cherry Vanilla!
- 3 cups dark sweet cherries, pitted fresh or frozen
- 6 strips thick sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup bourbon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- Fry bacon until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Chop and set aside. Reserve bacon grease for topping.
- Mix together cherries, syrup, water, vanilla and half the bacon.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Mix together oats, butter, bacon fat and maple sugar. Sprinkle over fruit mixture. Dot with the rest of the bacon.
- Bake at 375 for approximately for 45 minutes to an hour allowing juices to thicken and topping to bake through.
- Serve warm alone or with ice cream if desired.
Food for Thought…What is your favorite way to enjoy bacon? I’d love to hear your ideas in a comment below!
This week’s Sunday Supper salute to bacon has something for everyone who loves this smoky salty sweet treat.
Bacon in Appetizers
- Apple and Bacon Jam Quesadillas by Nik Snacks
- Bacon Barbecue Nachos by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Game Day Bacon & Cheddar ‘Tater Skins by Powered By BLING
- Killer Jalapeño Poppers by Simply Healthy Family
- Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp by Food Lust People Love
Bacon for Breakfast
- Avocado Toast with Coconut Bacon by Helpful Homemade
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Breakfast Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Candied Maple Bacon by A Mind Full Mom
- Maple Bacon Protein Pancakes by Amee’s Savory Dish
Bacon for Dessert
- Bacon Brownie Balls by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies by Desserts Required
- Boozy Bacon Cherry Crumble by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Bacon Crack by Brunch-n-Bites
- Flourless Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Maple Bacon Truffles by Dessert Geek
- Spiced Apple Bacon Upside Down Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
Bacon for Dinner
- Bacon and Pumpkin Pasta by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Bacon Corn Chowder by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Fried Rice by Asian In America
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf by April Golightly
- Creamy Blue Cheese Pasta with Steak and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- K.C.’s Award Winning Turkey Bacon Explosion by Cooking With Carlee
- Kimchi Bacon Fried Rice by kimchi MOM
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- The Pigskin Loaded Baked Potato by Sunday Supper Movement
- Triple Bypass Burgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
Bacon in Beverages
- Candied Bacon Old Fashioned by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Bloody Mary with Candied Bacon Swizzle by Our Good Life
- Pancetta with Balsamic-Brown Sugar-Pepper Glaze for Bloody Mary by La Bella Vita Cucina
Bacon for Lunch
- Bacon, Fig and Goat’s Cheese Quiche by Caroline’s Cooking
- BLT Bread Salad by The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Manwich Club by Momma’s Meals
- Restaurant Style Double Bacon BLT by The Freshman Cook
- Turkey & Bacon Sliders with ‘Isn’t That Special’ Sauce by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Bacon as a Side Dish
- Bacon and Cheddar Smashed Red Potatoes by Family Around The Table
- Bourbon Bacon Jam by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Bacon, Beer & Jalapeno Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Easy Bacon, Beans & Greens by My Life Cookbook
- Greens with Gruyere and Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Peas with Bacon and Crispy Onions by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.